Kutsaga is a leading statutory agricultural research institute. We are looking for a self-driven and production-oriented professional with traceable references to fill the vacant position of Executive Director of Production and Operations.
The Position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The position requires exceptional leadership and project management skills. The incumbent should be a production-oriented team player with a strong ability to multi-task, strategic thinking abilities, the ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance, and a willingness to travel and work outside normal working hours.
To provide strategic leadership and direction to Kutsaga’s commercial production operations. The position will be responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Developing and implementing robust strategies in line with the overall accelerated organic growth strategy of the institution;
- Efficiently coordinates the production and timely distribution of Kutsaga products. Organizing workflow to meet specifications and deadlines;
- Closely monitors/scans the dynamics of the production and operating environment and advises management on appropriate responses to reduce costs and maximise returns;
- Identify new product opportunities and improve existing ones for current and emerging markets.;
- Monitor day-to-day operations to increase revenue from commercial activities. (Manufacturing, Stations, Seed Production, Horticulture Plant Propagation, Materials and Services);
- Foster and sustain positive connections with stakeholders to facilitate the efficient resolution of operational matters and alignment with institutional objectives;
- Timeous and detailed preparations of, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports;
- Prepares Annual expenditure budget for the sector;
- Works closely with management to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive team environment. Provide leadership and mentorship to ensure staff productivity, efficiency, discipline, and compliance with policies and procedures;
- Ensure output meets quality standards; and
- Enforce health and safety requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Agricultural Sciences, or any relevant field
- A Master’s degree in a commercial and /or Engineering/Production discipline is an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years of relevant working experience, three (3) years must be at a leadership level.
- Proven experience in production and operations and managing relationships with key clients, in manufacturing and commercial services environments.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Clean class 4 driver’s license
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Kutsaga offers a competitive remuneration package.
The successful candidate shall be required to produce a police clearance and undergo security vetting.
Kutsaga is an inclusive organization and actively promotes equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential. We welcome all applications from a wide range of candidates. Selection for the roles will be based on individual merit alone.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send applications, detailed curriculum vitae, and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to email@example.com by no later than 9 September 2023.